Skinny Starbucks Drinks – Our List Of The Top!
Skinny Starbucks drinks are becoming very popular these days. Are they really good for us or are they just another gimmick?
Skinny Starbucks drinks contain less sugar and calories than regular ones. They also come in smaller sizes, which makes them easier to drink. The company has even launched new flavors such as lemonade and iced tea.
Skinny Starbucks drinks are great for those who want to cut down on their calorie intake. However, they should only be consumed occasionally because they don’t provide enough nutrients to replace daily meals.
In this post, we will round off the best skinny Starbucks drinks. Plus, you will get to know more about skinny drinks.
What Is A Skinny Drink?
A skinny drink is a beverage that contains fewer calories and sugars than other beverages. It is usually made from water, fruit juice, nonfat milk, coffee, tea, etc.
The ingredients of a skinny drink include a combination of natural and artificial sweeteners. These can either be found in the form of granulated sugar or high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS).
Some companies use both types of sweeteners while others prefer one over the other. Some brands have started using stevia instead of HFCS. Stevia is a plant extract that doesn’t cause any side effects.
There are many different ways to make a skinny drink. You can add some fruits like apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. to your favorite beverage. Or, you can simply mix it with plain water.
However, there are certain things you need to keep in mind when making a skinny drink.
How To Make A Skinny Drink At Home?
Making a skinny drink at home isn’t difficult. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Add all the ingredients to a blender.
2. Blend everything until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into a glass and serve.
5. Repeat Steps 1 – 4 as needed.
You can also try adding ice cubes to your drink if you want it cold. This helps reduce the number of calories you consume.
What Sweeteners Are Used To Maker Skinny Drinks?
Most companies use either granulated sugar or HFCS as a sweetener. Both of these products are used interchangeably.
This product is derived from refined cane sugar. It comes in various forms including white, brown, raw, light, dark, and powdered.
It is commonly used by food manufacturers to make baked goods, candies, cakes, cookies, pies, pastries, sauces, dressings, gravies, soups, jams, jellies, marmalades, syrups, and many other foods.
It is also used to sweeten soft drinks, juices, teas, coffees, and alcoholic beverages.
High fructose corn syrup is an alternative to sugar. It is extracted from corn starch. It is sweeter than sugar and is widely used in processed foods.
It is often added to sodas, juices, cereals, bread, desserts, condiments, salad dressings, ketchup, mayonnaise, yogurt, and many other foods and beverages.
It is also known as “corn sugar” and “glucose syrup.”
Stevia is a naturally occurring herb that has been used since ancient times. It is considered safe by health experts.
It is extracted from the leaves of the stevia plant. It is available in liquid, powder, and tablet forms.
It is mostly used as a sweetener. It is 100% natural and does not contain any additives.
It is also better than honey because it tastes much more pleasant.
Other kinds of sweeteners include caramel syrup, sweet cream, frappuccino syrup, sugar-free vanilla syrup, brown sugar syrup, or any kind of sugar-free syrup.
Other Ingredients That Can Be Added To Your Skinny Drink
You can also add some spices to your drink. They will help give it flavor.
Here are some examples of spices that you can add to your skinny drink: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla bean, cloves, cardamom, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, chili peppers, curry, turmeric, rosemary, sage, basil, thyme, oregano, parsley, chives, garlic, onion, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and so on.
Plus, you can integrate black coffee, cold foam, shots of espresso,
Health Benefits Of Skinny Drinks
There are several benefits associated with drinking skinny drinks. Here are just a few of them:
• Slimming down
Drinking skinny drinks helps you lose weight faster. The reason for this is that they have fewer calories than regular drinks.
• Lowering cholesterol levels
The high-fructose corn syrup found in most skinny drinks contains no fiber. This means that it doesn’t absorb water. As a result, it stays in your stomach longer.
When it reaches your intestines, it causes your body to release bile acids which then enter your bloodstream. These bile acids cause your liver to produce cholesterol.
The higher your cholesterol level, the greater the risk of heart disease. Therefore, consuming skinny drinks regularly can lower your cholesterol levels.
• Improving digestion
Many people suffer from digestive problems such as constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating, indigestion, acid reflux, and so on. Drinking skinny drinks can improve your digestion because it increases the amount of saliva produced by your mouth. Saliva is essential for proper digestion.
• Boosting energy
Some studies show that drinking skinny drinks can boost your energy levels. This is especially true if you consume them before going to bed at night.
• Helping you sleep better
Some skinny drinks are made with caffeine. Caffeine stimulates your brain and nervous system. When combined with magnesium, it helps you relax and get a good night’s rest.
• Preventing diabetes
Research shows that drinking skinny drinks can prevent type 2 diabetes. This is due to their low glycemic index (GI). A low GI indicates that they don’t raise blood glucose levels quickly.
• Reducing stress
Research shows that drinking skinny drinks reduces stress. This is because they contain less fructose than regular drinks. Fructose raises cortisol levels in your body. Cortisol is a hormone that makes you feel stressed out.
• Promoting healthy skin
Skinny drinks are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect your skin against free radicals. Free radicals damage cells and lead to premature aging.
• Protecting your teeth
Drinking skinny drinks can reduce tooth decay. This is because they do not contain sugar or artificial sweeteners. Sugar promotes bacteria growth in your mouth.
Best Skinny Starbucks Drinks
Here are some of the best skinny drinks available at Starbucks:
- Frappuccino Blonde Mocha
This drink has 1% milk, 3% coffee, and chocolate syrup. It also contains whipped cream, caramel sauce, and hazelnut spread. This makes a perfect chocolatey drink while being a caffeinated drink.
These drinks come in three flavors: Vanilla sweet Bean, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Strawberry Banana. This frothy drink contains frappuccino syrup, skim milk, flat white, vanilla flavor ice cream, and strawberry banana puree.
- Iced Coffee
This refreshing icy drink comes in two varieties: Decaf and Regular. Both contain skim milk, espresso powder, and steamed milk foam. You can also get an iced latte with these variations and any flavor of coffee.
- Latte Espresso Macchiato
This rich macchiato consists of espresso, steamed milk, and macchiato foam. This makes it a rich espresso drink and a fine signature drink at Starbucks.
One of the finest hot-drink options. They consist of espresso, steamed whole milk, and latte foam.
- Long Black
It contains espresso, steamed milk, and long black tea.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
This spicy tea drink contains pumpkin spice-flavored coffee, steamed milk, cinnamon dolce latte foam, and whipped cream.
- Tazo Green Tea Lemonade
This perfect comfort drink contains green tea extract, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- Tazo Ginger Limeade
It contains ginger lime flavor, freshly squeezed lime juice, and simple syrup
- Tazo Orange Cream
It contains orange peel oil, citrus fruit puree, and simple syrup.
- Peach Tranquility Tea
This peach tranquility tea is a must if you are a peach tea lover. It contains peach puree, honey, and iced water. Plus, this is one of the best healthiest menu items.
- Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
This perfect drink contains peppermint-flavored coffee, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup.
- Vanilla Chai Frappuccino
This drink contains chai spices, vanilla bean ice cream, and whipped cream.
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
This dream drink contains Vietnamese coffee, steamed milk, and espresso.
- Wake Up Blend
This blended drink contains matcha green tea, coconut milk, and almond milk.
- Yerba Mate Latte
It contains yerba mate tea, steamed milk, espresso, and macchiatos.
- Zesty Lemonade
One of the quintessential summer drinks at Starbucks. It contains zest from lemons, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrups.
- Passion Tango Tea
This fruity drink contains passion fruit puree, mango puree, and steamed milk.
It contains skim milk, espresso, and steamed milk froth.
- Chai Tea Latte
It contains chai spices, steamed milk, vanilla bean ice cream, and whipped cream.
- London Fog Tea Latte
The London fog tea latte consists of London fog-flavored coffee, steamed milk with vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream, and caramel sauce.
- Low-Calorie Matcha Tea Latte
This low-calorie matcha tea latte contains matcha green tea powder, steamed milk, soy milk, and vanilla bean ice cream.
20 Points On How To Make A Skinny Drink At Home
If you want to make a skinny drink at home, here are some tips:
1. Choose a recipe with ingredients that are easy to find. For example, choose a recipe that uses skim milk instead of whole milk.
2. Use natural sweeteners such as stevia, agave nectar, or honey. These will help you avoid consuming too much sugar.
3. Add fruits like strawberries, bananas, blueberries, peaches, apples, etc. to add more nutrients and vitamins to your drink.
4. If you want to use flavored syrups, choose those that have no added sugars.
5. If you want to add protein, try using whey protein isolate or casein protein powder.
6. Try adding a few drops of essential oils for aroma.
7. You can also add a dash of cayenne pepper to give it an extra kick!
8. Remember to keep the amount of liquid low when making a skinny drink.
9. Don’t forget to enjoy your drink slowly. This way, you won’t feel bloated after drinking it.
10. Keep in mind that you should consume these drinks only once every 2 days.
11. Always check the nutrition facts label before buying any product.
12. When choosing recipes, always look for ones that have less than 300 calories per serving.
13. Be sure to read the ingredient list carefully. Some companies may hide unhealthy ingredients.
14. If you want to save money, buy organic products whenever possible.
15. Avoid eating foods high in saturated fats.
16. Limit alcohol consumption. Alcoholic beverages contain empty calories which do not provide any nutritional value.
17. Do not skip meals. Skipping meals could lead to weight gain.
18. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits. Vegetables and fruits are rich sources of fiber and other important nutrients.
19. Have small portions throughout the day. Smaller portions mean fewer calories.
20. Stay away from sugary snacks. Sugary snacks usually contain large amounts of carbohydrates and calories.
Are There Health Risks Of Consuming Skinny Drinks?
While there are many benefits of drinking skinny drinks, there are still risks associated with them. Here are some things to consider:
1. Drinking skinny drinks often can cause dehydration. Dehydration can lead to headaches, dizziness, fatigue, constipation, and even fainting.
2. The caffeine content in skinny drinks can be harmful to pregnant women. Caffeine is considered unsafe during pregnancy because it can increase the risk of miscarriage.
3. Skinny drinks can affect people who suffer from diabetes. They may experience increased blood glucose levels.
4. Skinny drinks can cause gastrointestinal problems if consumed frequently.
5. Skinny drinks can trigger allergic reactions in people who are sensitive to dairy.
6. Skinny drinks can interfere with sleep patterns. People who drink them late at night may wake up feeling groggy.
7. Skinny drinks can make you crave sweets.
Drinking skinny Starbucks drinks is one of the best ways to lose weight. However, it is very important to know how to prepare them properly so that they don’t pose health risks.
Read Next: French Press vs Pour Over!