What is espresso Romano?
The expresso Romano is a beverage with caffeine, fresh lemon juice, and refined sugar.
The roasted coffee bean is to give the drink its rich aroma and flavor. It also contains milk and cream, providing a smooth taste.
It is one of the most popular drinks in the world.
This signature beverage was by an Italian barista named Carlo Sforza. He developed this drink after he noticed his customers were requesting more flavors.
So, he added some ingredients like steamed milk and vanilla extract to make this drink even better.
Exploring Its unique History
The history of coffee romano dates back to the 16th century.
It is then a new type of coffee in Italy. During this period, people used to drink their coffee black.
However, they started adding different types of sweeteners to make it smoother.
In the 17th century, Carlo Sforza invented the espresso Romana.
He is well-inspired by the idea of creating a drink with a creamy texture.
He combined the coffee bean with milk, cream, and a slice of lemon sugar.
After that, he served it at his cafe in Rome. People loved the drink so much that they asked for it every day.
Benefits of espresso Romano
The main benefits of espresso romano include:
- Rich in antioxidants
- Good for your heart
- It helps you lose weight
- It contains fewer calories than other beverages
- Provides high energy levels
- Has no cholesterol
Espresso Romano recipes
Espresso Romano: Lemon twist
This recipe is the best for coffee lovers who want to enjoy the deliciousness of a classic espresso without any calories or fat.
- 1 cup of water
- Two shots of espresso
- Two tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Three lemons
- Heat your water on medium heat. Once the water is hot enough, add two shots of espresso.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Next, squeeze three lemons into the mixture.
- Strain out the seeds from the lemons before serving.
Citrusy coffee specialty
It is a delicious coffee drink that combines the sweetness of citrus fruits with the bitterness of coffee.
The citrusy flavor from a squeeze of lemon juice can be in many other beverages such as orange juice, grapefruit juice, and limeade.
- 4 cups of water
- Two shots (or 1/2 cup) of espresso
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Granulated sugar
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil.
- Once boiling, remove the pot from the stove and let it cool down.
- Add the espresso and mix well.
- Now, you need to strain out the lemon juice from the mixture.
- To do this, pour the mixture through a strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- When done, add the sugar to the strained liquid. Mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Black coffee Romano
The black Romano has roasted coffee beans, steamed milk, and a dash of cinnamon. It is a perfect combination for coffee lovers who love the dark flavor of coffee.
You can also choose light roasts if you prefer a milder flavor.
- One shot of espresso
- 1 cup of steamed milk
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients in a mug.
Romano coffee with lemon zest
The lemon to coffee will give you a refreshing feeling when drinking this drink. It’s a great way to start your morning.
The twist of lemon peel gives it a pleasant aroma and taste.
- One tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- One shot of espresso (or half of a cup)
- Steamed milk
- Lemon zest peel for garnish
- Mix the slice of lemon peel and oil from lemon peel, espresso, and milk together in a glass.
- Garnish with lemon zest.
- You can add some ice cubes.
- Stir it well and enjoy!
The level of acidity stands in a Romano coffee.
The tangy acidity with intensity of Romano coffee is very high. The edge comes from the addition of lemon juice to the coffee.
The acidity of lemons can be a little bit strong, but it doesn’t hurt your stomach.
If you are sensitive to acids, try to reduce the amount of lemon juice added to the coffee.
For example, use only one-third of the amount of lemon juice.
Other ways to make Romano coffee
There are different ways to make Romano Coffee. You can use either whole milk or skimmed milk instead of steaming them.
Another way is to use regular coffee instead of espresso.
- Iced romano cold coffee trends
To make a tastier coffee, you can add some sweeteners like honey or brown sugar. And ice cubes to make a cold refreshing coffee drink.
- Dark espresso
A bold espresso taste preference
This type of coffee is well-made by using darker roasted coffee beans. Darker roasted coffee beans have more caffeine than lighter ones.
The darker roast coffee is for making espresso drinks.
- Double espresso romano coffee
The double espresso romano coffee tastes just like an iced latte.
It’s a blend of espresso and milk foam. The drink is popular in Italian culture.
- Hot dark roast with the freshness of citrus fruits
It is an intriguing beverage that many people love. It’s a refreshing coffee drink with high-quality fruit flavors.
The hot dark roast coffee is made by adding orange peels and grapefruit peels into the coffee.
The result is a delicious coffee drink that is full of fruity aromas.
The final verdict
The espresso Romano is a zest to espresso. It is a coffee drink that combines the best qualities of both coffee, fruit, and milk.
It is a unique coffee drink that many coffee lovers worldwide enjoy.
Black coffee Romano is a classic coffee drink that you should not miss out on now.
Try it today!
How do you like it? Did you find any other exciting coffee recipes? Please share them with us in the comments below.