Starbucks has become synonymous with coffee around the globe. They sell their signature coffee beverages at over 6,500 locations worldwide. And they even offer cold brew iced coffee drinks. What makes these cold coffee drinks so special? And why should you Starbucks cold brew coffee instead of regular brewed coffee or iced tea? That is what, we are going to find out in this post. We will be contrasting the two Starbucks cold coffee beverages, cold brew, and iced coffee. It is dedicated to all cold brew lovers.
Do you know that in 2021, 3 out of 4 coffee drinks sold at Starbucks were cold? The popularity of Starbucks’ cold brew coffee has grown exponentially since its introduction in 2015. This trend is expected to continue as consumers look for new ways to enjoy their favorite cold coffee beverage. Although Starbucks is known for its double-brewing hot coffee, cold coffee drinks are taking the lead. Let us be real, these drinks are way better than instant coffee.
Cold brew iced coffee is a unique way to enjoy your morning cup of coffee without having to heat it up. It also offers a refreshing taste that’s perfect for hot summer days. If you want to give it a go, here are some things to consider before ordering.
Let us get into the details. First, let us understand what cold brewing is.
What Is Cold Brewing Of Coffee?
Cold brewing is one of the brewing methods of making coffee that involves steeping ground beans in cold water for an extended period. The process can be done at home or in the brewery, and it’s not as time-consuming as other methods like drip brewing.
It also produces a more concentrated cup of coffee than traditional hot brew methods. In some parts of the world, cold brew is also known as Dutch coffee (not to be confused with the Dutch Bros Soft Top).
How Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee Is Prepared?
Starbucks is known for its cold brew coffee. The company’s signature drink, which has been around since the 1990s, is made by steeping a mixture of hot water and ground coffee in an insulated container at room temperature for several hours. It’s then strained through paper filters to remove any remaining grounds.
The brewing methods take time — about 12-24 hours — but it results in a smooth, rich flavor that can’t be found in other cold coffee beverages.
What Makes Starbucks Cold Brew So Special?
There are many reasons why people love cold brew coffee.
Here are just a few:
- Starbucks cold brew tastes great!
- Unlike other cold coffee beverages, cold brewed coffee doesn’t have a strong coffee aroma. Instead, it has a sweeter taste with notes of caramel. One can add a classic syrup to it as per taste requirements.
- You don’t need to add sugar or cream to make it taste good.
- You can use it to replace milk in lattes and cappuccinos.
- Preparation methods are quite simple.
- All you need to do is pour hot water over the coffee beans. Then let it sit overnight.
- It’s healthier than regular brewed coffee.
- Studies show that drinking cold brew coffee may help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Starbucks cold brew is cheaper than traditionally brewed coffee.
- You only need one bag of coffee beans to make a large batch of cold brew coffee.
- It’s environmentally friendly.
- Cold brew coffee uses less energy and produces fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared to conventional brewing methods.
Why Should You Try Starbucks’ Cold Brew Coffee?
If you’re looking for a delicious cold coffee beverage that’s healthy and low on calories, try cold brew coffee. If you like the idea of enjoying a cold coffee beverage every day, cold brew coffee is ideal. It’s ready to drink right after making it. No waiting is required as the brewing time is less.
Cold brew coffee requires no extra equipment or tools. All you need is a glass jar, a spoon, and a thermometer. Moroever, when you buy whole bean coffee, you’ll save money because you won’t need to purchase bags of coffee beans.
Cold brew coffee reduces the amount of waste generated during production. Plus, it’s healthier. Cold brew coffee contains antioxidants that protect against cardiovascular disease. Coffee with high amounts of caffeine can cause insomnia, anxiety, and headaches. Cold brewed coffee is very low in caffeine.
It’s easier on your stomach. Cold brew coffee is gentler on your digestive system. It contains less acidity than regular brewed coffee. This makes it easier to digest.
It’s more convenient. Cold brew coffee can be stored in the refrigerator for weeks without losing quality. It’s tastier. Cold brew coffee has a sweeter, mellower flavor than regular brewed coffee. It also has a smoother texture.
Next, let us talk about iced coffee.
How Starbucks Iced Coffee Is Prepared?
Time to talk about the Starbucks iced coffee. We will be talking about its preparation methods first.
First, let us start by talking about the ingredients used to prepare iced coffee at Starbucks.
Ingredients For Iced Coffee
- Cold Water
- Coffee Grounds Crushed
- Vanilla extract
Next, let us round off how it is prepared.
Please note that in some cases, espresso shots are also used for cold brewing. Usually, espresso coffee is used to make an iced latte. The brewing methods can vary depending on the location and the beverage.
Preparation Method For Iced Coffee At Starbucks
To create iced coffee, Starbucks mixes all these ingredients together. They then freeze the mixture in ice cube trays.
When you order iced coffee at Starbucks, they add milk and sugar to it.
What Are Some Benefits Of Drinking Iced Coffee?
This coffee over ice is literally out of this world. It comes with serval benefits. Below, we have jotted down the benefits of having iced coffee
- Iced coffee is great if you want something refreshing and sweet while having a cup of coffee. It’s perfect for people who are trying to lose weight.
- It helps boost metabolism. When you drink iced coffee, your body burns more fat.
- It’s good for your heart. According to research, drinking iced coffee lowers blood pressure.
- It’s easy on your stomach. Iced coffee doesn’t contain any added sugar or cream. It’s also lower in calories.
- It’s better for your teeth. Because it doesn’t have any additives, it doesn’t stain your teeth.
- It’s cheaper. You don’t need to spend much money on iced coffee.
Starbucks Cold Brew Vs Iced Coffee – Which Drink Is Better?
Now, it is time for the final verdict. Which coffee is better, the cold brew or the iced coffee? The answer to this question depends on a number of factors. The first factor you need to consider is whether you want your drink hot or cold. If you are looking for an ice-cold beverage, then we would recommend getting iced coffee. However, if you prefer a warm beverage, then we would suggest going with the cold brew.
Read Next – What Is A Mocha? Find Out Here!